Summary: Update on the Recipient and Financial Management System (RFMS)
Author: PSS - Program Systems Service
To: All Destination Points
From: Jerry Russomano, Director Program Systems Service, Office of Student Financial Assistance
Subject: Update on the Recipient and Financial Management System (RFMS)
This message- Updates you on RFMS Testing
We have begun testing on special disbursements and the Multiple Reporting Record. The results have been very positive. We continue to be very pleased with the results and our progress.
We are committed to bringing Regular Disbursement into full production on June 29, 1999. Special Disbursement and Multiple Reporting Records will soon follow. We will continue to update you on the schedule for the implementation of the various components.
TIP OF THE WEEK
Estimated Disbursement Dates
The Estimated Disbursement Date is used by the Department to estimate the funding needs for the coming award year. When creating the Origination record, institutions can enter up to 15 estimated disbursement dates, but only estimated disbursement date #1 is required. There is no penalty for not actually making a disbursement on an estimated disbursement date and it is not necessary to send in a corrected origination record with new estimated disbursement dates.
MISSED LAST WEEKS MESSAGE?
It has come to our attention that there were technical difficulties posting last weeks message to some of the lists. If you would like to view that message you can find it and each weeks message on the IFAP website at http://www.ifap.ed.gov/csb_html/ancmnts.htm.
WE WILL CONTINUE TO SEND YOU WEEKLY STATUS REPORTS
Look for them in-
- Title IV Wide Area Network (TIVWAN)
- The Information for Financial Aid Professionals (IFAP) website located at http://www.ifap.ed.gov, and
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS
- If you have questions, comments, or concerns about RFMS, please call Pell Customer Service at 1-800/474-72 (select option 2) or send an e-mail to #Pell_Systems@ed.gov.
- If you have questions about the 1999-2000 EDExpress Pell software, contact the Central Processing System
customer service staff at 1-800/330-5947 or send an e-mail to CPS@NCS.COM.
- If you have questions about RFMS message classes or problems connecting to the network, contact the TIVWAN customer service staff at 1-800/615-1189 or send an e-mail to T4WAN@NCS.COM.
Reminder: Your TIVWAN EDConnect Desk Reference contains all the information you need about getting help by telephone or on the Internet.