Summary: Tip of the Week --- Grid Browse and Sort Options
Author: CPS - Central Processing System (CPS)
Posted February 12, 1999
TO: All EDExpress Users
FROM: CPS Customer Service
RE: Tip of the Week --- Grid Browse and Sort Options
This week's tip highlights a feature or process in the 1999-2000 EDExpress software: Grid Browse and Sort Options
In the 1999-2000 EDExpress, Version 5.0 software, the grid functionality has been expanded. By selecting Toolsyou have access to browsable Global, Application Processing and Packaging grids displaying information from your database. Many of these search and sort capabilities mirror similar or identical functionality available in Microsoft Access 97.
While browsing a grid, position your mouse pointer on the title of a column and right click with your mouse to view a menu with the following options:
1) "Find" opens a dialog box of search options, allowing you to quickly locate a specific data element (such as a student's SSN).
2) "Quick Sort Ascending" sorts the data in the column in ascending alphabetical (A-Z) or numerical order (1, 2, 3, 4).
3) "Quick Sort Descending" sorts the data in the column in descending alphabetical (Z-A) or numerical order (4, 3, 2, 1).
4) "Freeze This Column" freezes the selected column so it will remain in view as you scroll through the other columns.
5) "Hide This Column" hides the selected column from view.
6) "Show All Columns" restores any hidden columns.
7) "Print the Grid" prints the grid as displayed. You can hide and change the order of columns to create a customized printed copy of the grid. (Note: You may need to change the page print orientation to Landscape via File/Print Setup before printing your grid).
8) "Export Grid to File" exports the displayed grid to a file in fixed or delimited ASCII format.
Please note when you close and reopen any browsable grid, the data is restored to its original order and any previously hidden columns are displayed again.
If you have any questions, please contact CPS Customer Service at 1-800-330-5947, or via e-mail at CPS@NCS.COM.