Maintained for Historical Purposes

This resource is being maintained for historical purposes only and is not currently applicable.

Tip of the Week --- Enrollment for RAD Requests

PublicationDate: 10/2/98
Summary: Tip of the Week --- Enrollment for RAD Requests
Author: CPS - Central Processing System (CPS)

Posted October 2, 1998

TO: All Destination Points
FROM: CPS Customer Service
RE: Tip of the Week - Enrollment for RAD Requests

This week's tip highlights a feature or process in EDE: Enrollment for RAD requests.

EDE institutions will be able to begin submitting electronic Renewal Application Data (RAD) requests for the 1999-2000 year to the CPS beginning October 5. Details on RAD request options and procedures can be found in the 1999-2000 Action Letter #1 (September 1998), which can be downloaded from

To participate in the Renewal Application process via EDE, your Title IV Institution Code must be enrolled in the Renewal Application service, which corresponds to the services on your Participation Agreement on file with Title IV WAN. You can verify your enrollment for Renewal Applications on-line by connecting to WANQuery with the Destination ID for EDE services, browsing the Destination/Institution screen (menu option 4), and verifying there is a "Y" flag for "RA." If you are not enrolled, you will need to update your Participation Agreement.

In addition, your Destination Point ID (TG#) must be productional for Renewal Applications for 1998-1999 or 1999-2000. Please note if you are productional for ISIRs, you are already productional for Renewal Applications. You can verify this on-line with WANQuery by browsing the Destination (option 3), pressing Shift-F11, selecting "EDE 1999" or "EDE 2000," and pressing F12. If there is a "P" status for 'Renewal Apps' your Destination ID is productional. Contact Title IV WAN Customer Service if it is not productional.

If your institution is not properly enrolled for Renewal Applications you will receive error messages or rejected batches, or both, when trying to make a RAD request. Once you have properly enrolled, you can resubmit the request.

If you are unsure whether you are properly enrolled for RAD requests, please contact Title IV WAN Customer Service at 1-800-615-1189, or via e-mail at T4WAN@NCS.COM.

If you have any questions regarding Action Letter #1 or the RAD request process in general, please contact CPS Customer Service at 1-800-330-5947, option 8, or via e-mail at CPS@NCS.COM.

Last Modified: 08/16/1999