Summary: Job Fair at the U.S. Department of Education
Author: ODAS - Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary - SFA
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY PROFESSIONALS
PROJECT MANAGERS & ACCOUNTANTS
Salary Ranges: $26,532 - 85,978
(commensurate with experience)
Recruitment Bonuses may be Considered
for Candidates Outside of the Federal Government
The U.S. Department of Education is currently seeking skilled information technology and finance professionals, and project managers and will be hosting a job fair on Friday, December 11 from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Technical staff positions that are available include:
Information technology positions are available for both Computer Scientists and Computer Specialists. Some of these positions (for example, Computer Scientist) require a four year degree which includes or is supplemented with 30 semester hours in a combination of mathematics, statistics, and computer science. At least 15 of the 30 hours must have been in any combination of statistics and mathematics that included differential and integral calculus. Expertise in information engineering and large-scale computer systems desired for some positions.
Contract Manager and Requirements Analyst positions require a combination of specialized experience and qualifications.
Accountant positions require a degree in accounting; or a degree in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting. The 24 hours may include up to 6 hours of credit in business law, OR a combination of education and experience.
Applicants may be required to meet other specialized experience requirements and Federal Qualification standards.
For more information about the Department of Education, visit our web site at www.ed.gov. Call (202) 401-2420 for information on the job fair.
Resumes, SF-171s, or OF-612s and college transcripts can be faxed in advance to
Current ED employees are encouraged to attend.
Please bring original Resume, SF-171 or OF-612 to:
U.S. Department of Education
600 Independence Avenue, SW
(Federal Building No. 10B)
BARNARD AUDITORIUM, ROOM 2411
Directions: From L'Enfant Plaza Metro Station take Maryland Avenue Exit. Take escalator up and bear to left and cross over Maryland Avenue. (FB-10B will be facing you directly across the street.)
An Equal Opportunity Employer - U.S. Citizenship Required
** Below is a listing of all positions to be filled through the job fair. Application
Procedures can be found at http://www.usajobs.opm.gov
LIST OF VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENTS NUMBERS:
1. Financial Management Specialist, GS-0501-12 ... WA-MC-9-0386*
2. Financial Management Specialist, GS-0501-13 ... WA-MC-9-0388*
3. Accountant, GS-0510-11 ... WA-GA-9-0393*
4. Accountant, GS-0510-12 ... WA-MC-9-0393*
5. Management & Program Analyst, GS-0343-07 ... WA-MC-9-0971**
6. Management & Program Analyst, GS-0343-09 ... WA-MC-9-0973**
7. Management & Program Analyst, GS-0343-11 ... WA-MC-9-0973**
8. Management & Program Analyst, GS-0343-12 ... WA-MC-9-0977**
9. Management & Program Analyst, GS-0343-13 ... WA-MC-9-0979**
10. Management & Program Analyst, GS-0343-14 ... WA-MC-9-0981**
11. Computer Specialist, GS-0334-07 ... WA-MC-9-0983***
12. Computer Specialist, GS-0334-09 ... WA-MC-9-0986***
13. Computer Specialist, GS-0334-11 ... WA-MC-9-0987***
14. Computer Specialist, GS-0334-12 ... WA-MC-9-0989***
15. Computer Specialist, GS-0334-13 ... WA-MC-9-0991***
16. Computer Specialist, GS-0334-14 ... WA-MC-9-0993***
17. Computer Scientist, GS-1550-14 ... WA-MC-9-0995****
18. Accountant, GS-0501-13 ... WA-MC-9-0997****
* Vacancy Announcement is currently open.
** Vacancy Announcement opens on Wednesday, December 9, 1998.
*** Vacancy Announcement opens on Thursday, December 10, 1998.
**** Vacancy Announcement opens on Friday, December 11, 1998.