Summary: Items Posted to IFAP During the Week of July 5, 1999
Author: CSB - SFA Customer Support Branch
July 5 - July 9, 1999. IFAP Postings. The Customer Support Branch (CSB) posted the following Documents/Letters/Regulations/Announcements to the Information for Financial Aid Professionals (IFAP) web page:
- July 9: This message provides instructions for setting up newly originated loans within EDExpress, Version 5
- July 9: Tip of the Week --- Printing the Processed ISIR list
- July 9: This message - Updates you on RFMS Testing and the Tip of the Week
- July 9: Distribution of 2000-2001 FISAP Version 2.0
- July 9: Student Financial Aid Year 2000 Project Status As of 9 July, 1999
- July 6: Items posted to IFAP during the week of June 28, 1999
- July 6: New FAFSA on the Web Release
DEAR COLLEAGUE LETTERS:
- July 1999: CB-99-13: SUBJECT: This letter provides guidance regarding the calculation of an institution's cohort default rate for the Federal Perkins Loan Program as of June 30, 1999.
- July 1999: GEN-99-21: Summary: This letter announces the extension of institutional eligibility to award increased unsubsidized loan amounts for the 1999-2000 academic year, due to the phaseout of the Health Education Assistance Loan (HEAL) Program.
- July 6, 1999: FR Part : VI: FR Type: Notice: Summary : The Secretary announces the annual updates to the income percentage factors for 1999. Under the William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan (Direct Loan) Program, borrowers may choose to repay their student loans under the income contingent repayment plan, which bases the repayment amount on the borrower's income and family size, loan amount, and interest rate. Each year, the formula for calculating a borrower's payment is adjusted to reflect changes due to inflation. This Notice contains updated sample income contingent repayment amounts for single and married or head-of-household borrowers at various income and debt levels. These updates are effective from July 1, 2000 to June 30, 2001. Page Numbers: 36541-36546.
- July 7, 1999: FR Part : II: FR Type: Notice: Summary : This notice establishes the deadline for the submission of all William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan (Direct Loan) Program electronic loan records and promissory notes to the Secretary for the 1997-1998 academic year (Year 4). Page Numbers: 36747-36748.
- July 8, 1999: FR Type: Notice: Summary : ED invites comments on the proposed information collection requests as required by the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. Title: Federal Direct Stafford/Ford Loan and/or Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford/Ford Loan Borrower Promises to Repay His or Her Loan. This form is the means by which a Federal Direct Stafford/Ford Loan and/or Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford/Ford Loan borrower promises to repay his or her loan. DATES: Interested persons are invited to submit comments on or before September 7, 1999. Page Numbers: 36859-36860.
- July 9, 1999: FR Type: Notice: Summary : OMB invites comments as required by the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, in regards to the Federal Stafford Loan (Subsidized and Unsubsidized) Program Master Promissory Note. This revised promissory note is the means by which a Federal Stafford Program Loan borrower promises to repay his or her loan. Comments are due on or before August 9, 1999. Page Numbers: 37107-37108.
DIRECT LOAN BULLETINS:
- July 1999: DLB-99-44: Subject: Cohort Default Rate Loan Record Detail Reports
2000-2001 FAFSA FORM/INSTRUCTIONS:
- July 6, 1999: Update to the 6/29/99 draft of the 2000-2001 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).