Summary: Beta Testers Request
Author: CPS - Central Processing System (CPS)
Posted September 22, 1998
TO: All Destination Points
FROM: U.S. Department of Education
RE: Beta Testers Request
The U.S. Department of Education (ED) is recruiting institutions interested in participating in beta testing the 32-bit version of the 1999-2000 EDExpress for Windows. Nine institutions are needed for each of the major software modules, which are Application Processing, Packaging, Pell, and Direct Loan. In addition, one Servicer processing aid for multiple institutions is also needed for each of the modules.
Beta test participants will receive the software and detailed test procedures from CPS Customer Service, and will devise a testing approach and contact schedule with a CPS representative that is best suited to the participant's particular processing needs and tasks.
Application Processing testing will take place from November 1 to November 13, Packaging from November 16 to November 27, Pell from January 11, 1999 to January 29, 1999, and Direct Loan from February 1, 1999 to February 12, 1999.
If you are interested in being considered as a beta test site for one of the above modules, please send a fax to CPS Customer Service at (319) 358-4260 or an e-mail to CPS@NCS.COM to the attention of "EDExpress Beta Testing" and provide the following information:
1) School name
2) Institution contact name
3) Phone and fax number, and e-mail address if available
4) TG# identifier
5) Operating system(s) and environment (network/standalone)
6) Network type and version, if applicable
7) Module(s) you wish to test (Application Processing, Packaging, Pell, or Direct Loan)
8) Modules/features of EDExpress you currently use (please be specific --- mention specific features, like Document Tracking, External Add Imports, Quick Correction, etc.)
9) If you only use Express or use Express in combination with your mainframe or 3rd party software
10) Printer type and version
CPS Customer Service and ED will select participants so a wide variety of processing environments are tested. CPS Customer Service will contact those institutions selected for beta test participation by October 16 with further information. We will contact all selectees by either phone or email no later than October 16.
We thank you for your interest in making the 32-bit version of EDExpress for Windows a better product. We look forward to hearing from you.
If you have any questions, please contact CPS Customer Service at 1-800-330-5947 or via e-mail at CPS@NCS.COM.