Summary: 32 Bit SSCR Product
Author: CPS - Central Processing System (CPS)
Posted June 4, 1998
TO: All EDExpress Users
FROM: CPS Customer Service
RE: 32 Bit SSCR Product
The Department of Education is pleased to announce the availability of the 32 bit SSCR product. This product will only execute on workstations that have Windows95 or NT as their operating systems. This product is a standalone product, not a part of EDExpress. This product has several advantages over the current functionality within the 16 bit EDExpress product.
- This product executes much faster than the current product. As an example, the benchmarking results for file imports from a network indicate the process executes approximately 50 times faster then the current 16 bit product. It is faster in a stand alone environment as well.
- The batch number has been modified to contain the full 8 digit OPE-ID. This is a major benefit to users who process multiple campuses within one database.
- Moving to the 32 bit environment has allowed for enhanced grid capability. Users will be able to size grids, hide columns, sort or filter within grids, print grids, and export from grids.
- The query component has been completely redesigned to give users access to predefined queries and allow users to run parameter queries, to modify queries, and to build advanced parenthetical queries.
- Students can be tracked within the system at multiple OPEID codes. Now a student may exist in the software under two different records/OPEID Codes.
The use of SSCR-32 software is optional at this time. Users may continue to use EDExpress version 4.2 to conduct SSCR processing for the remainder of 1998 if they wish. The actual SSCR reporting and processing cycle has not been changed; the file formats that are received from NSLDS and sent to NSLDS are identical to the 16 bit product. The file formats for external import change and external export have been modified. A complete SSCR technical reference will be distributed with this software.
The 32 bit SSCR software will not be automatically distributed to all destination points at this time. Beginning on June 12, you may call Title IV WAN at 1-800-615-1189 to receive a copy of the 32 bit SSCR software.
The Department of Education is committed to providing EDExpress containing the application module, packaging module, Direct Loan module and the Pell module as a 32 bit product for 1999-2000. The SSCR 32 bit product is a good way to begin to familiarize yourself with the new 32 bit functionality.
If you have any questions, please contact CPS Customer Service at 1-800-330-5947, option 8, then option 4, or via e-mail at CPS@NCS.COM.