Publication Date: July 2001
DCL ID: CB-01-10
Summary: The Campus-Based Reallocation Form (E40-4P) which is due to the Department by August 24, 2001
Date: July 2001
Summary: The Campus-Based Reallocation Form (E40-4P) which is due to the Department by August 24, 2001.
REFERENCE: The Student Financial Aid Handbook, Campus-Based (CB) Programs
The Campus-Based (CB) Reallocation form is now available!
Questions & Answers
Do I need to complete the Reallocation form?
You need to complete the Reallocation form, if you meet either of the two criteria below:
1. If you do not intend to spend your school's entire 2000-2001 allocation in any of the three CB programs; or
2. If your school would like to request supplemental 2001-2002 Federal Work-Study (FWS) funds for community service jobs, and:
- Your school spent at least 5% (a change from last year's 10% community service requirement) of its total 2000-2001 FWS federal funds to compensate students employed as reading tutors of children or in family literacy activities as part of your community service activities, and
- Your school has a FWS fair share shortfall on line 28 of its 2001-2002 final funding worksheet.
Where can I find the Reallocation form?
The Reallocation form can be found in your school's FISAP 4.0 software.
What if I don't have the FISAP 4.0 software or my prior year data file?
The FISAP 4.0 software is available at the Department's software download website:
www.fsadownload.ed.gov, and your prior year data file (FPYD03OP) is located in your school's Student Aid Internet Gateway mailbox.
How do I access the Reallocation form?
In order to access the Reallocation form, you must complete the following three steps:
1. Install your FISAP 4.0 software onto your personal computer.
2. Import your prior year data file (FPYD03OP).
3. Review your funding levels.
The Reallocation form can be found under the "Tools", "Setup", "Reallocation Form" pull-down menu.
Where can I get instructions for the Reallocation form?
Instructions for the Reallocation form can be found in the FISAP 4.0 software. The help text can be viewed from the "Help" menu, or by using your keyboard's "F1" key, to obtain field specific help text.
When is the Reallocation form due?
The Reallocation form is due to the Department by August 24, 2001.
How do I submit the Reallocation data file and assure that the Department has received my Reallocation form?
The Reallocation data file (FREL03IN) must be transmitted to the Department via your FISAP's Student Aid Internet Gateway mailbox. Within 24 hours of your submission, the Department will send you a report request acknowledgment file (FREA03OP), with an acceptance or a rejection message. If you have transmission questions, or if you do not receive your acknowledgment file within 24 hours please contact CPS/WAN Technical Support at (800) 330-5947.
The acknowledgment file is in text format and can be opened using any text editor (NotePad, WordPad, WordPerfect, Word, etc). In most text editors, choose "File", "Open", select the file directory (c:\iam\data), and search for "All files". The acknowledgment file can then be viewed and printed for your records.
What if I still have questions about the process?
If you have questions, please contact Milton Thomas at (202) 708-9756 or Sandra Donelson at (202) 708-9751.
Lois M. Moore