Notification of Campus-Based Funding for the 2021–22 Award Year

Subject
Notification of Campus-Based Funding for the 2021–22 Award Year

Awards for the Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) and Federal Work-Study (FWS) programs, authorized under Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended, for the 2021–22 award year (July 1, 2021, through June 30, 2022) have been approved for the schools listed in the attached report.

This report includes each school’s OPEID, name, address, state code, and federal funds authorized for the FSEOG and FWS programs as of June 15, 2021. The report is available in Microsoft Excel format.

The report has four tabs: the Cover tab lists the three report sections; the School Data tab lists the funding information for individual schools, sorted by state; the State Totals tab provides summary information by state; and the U.S. Totals tab provides the national summary information.

Note: In some cases, a school became eligible for awards after the report was produced and is therefore not reflected in this notification.

Award Information

An explanation of the awards approved under each program is below.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Program – Under the FSEOG Program, schools make grant awards to undergraduate students with exceptional financial need. The maximum student award amount for each academic year of undergraduate study is $4,000. Federal funds will provide 75% of the grants with the school providing the remaining 25% from its own resources, unless a regulatory waiver of the required institutional share is granted. The federal funds being obligated at this time for the FSEOG Program for the 2021–22 award year are $874,528,861. The approved allocations are for 3,499 schools.

Federal Work-Study Program – Under the FWS Program, schools provide jobs both on and off-campus for needy undergraduate and graduate students. In most instances, federal funds provide 75% of a student’s FWS earnings. A matching school or off-campus agency contribution provides the remaining 25%, unless a regulatory waiver of the required institutional share is granted. The federal share of earned compensation for employment at private for-profit organizations may not exceed 50%. The federal share may be up to 90% under certain conditions for employment at private nonprofit and public agencies and may be up to 100% for students employed as reading or math tutors or performing family literacy activities. The federal funds being obligated at this time for the FWS Program for the 2021–22 award year are $1,144,375,751. The approved allocations are for 3,075 schools.

Contact Information

If you have questions about the 2021–22 Notification of Campus-Based Funding report, contact the COD School Relations Center at 1-800-848-0978. You may also email CODSupport@ed.gov.

Attachments