Posted Date: June 21, 2018
Subject: Notification of Campus-Based Funding for the 2018–19 Award Year
Awards for the and Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) and Federal Work-Study (FWS) programs, authorized under Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended, for the 2018–19 Award Year (July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019) have been approved for the schools listed in the attached report.
This report includes the OPEID, name, address, state code, and federal funds for the FSEOG and FWS programs as of April 18, 2018.The report is available in two formats, Portable Document Format (PDF) and Microsoft Excel format.
PDF – The PDF version of the report contains a cover page with an interactive table of contents and three sections: School data in order by State, Individual State Totals by State, and U.S. Totals.
Microsoft Excel – The Excel version of the report has four tabs: the Cover tab contains a table of contents; the School Data tab lists the funding information for individual schools by state; the State Totals tab provides summary information by state; and the U.S. Totals tab provides the national summary information.
Note: In some cases, a school became eligible for awards after the report was produced and is therefore not reflected in this notification. Additionally, the Perkins Loan Extension Act of 2015 amended section 461 of the Higher Education Act of 1965 (HEA) prohibiting schools from making additional Perkins loans beyond the 2017–18 Award Year. For the 2018–19 year, schools did not receive an authorization for a 2018–19 level of expenditure (LOE).
An explanation of the awards approved under each program is below.
Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Program – Under the FSEOG Program, schools make grant awards to undergraduate students with exceptional financial need. The maximum student award amount for each academic year of undergraduate study is $4,000. Federal funds will provide 75 percent of the grants with the school providing the remaining 25 percent from its own resources, unless a regulatory waiver of the required institutional share is granted. The federal funds being obligated at this time for the FSEOG Program for the 2018–19 Award Year are $839,284,002. The approved allocations are for 3,591 schools.
Federal Work-Study Program – Under the FWS Program, schools provide jobs both on and off-campus for needy undergraduate and graduate students. In most instances, federal funds provide 75 percent of a student’s FWS earnings. A matching school or off-campus agency contribution provides the remaining 25 percent, unless a regulatory waiver of the required institutional share is granted. The federal share of earned compensation for employment at private for-profit organizations may not exceed 50 percent. The federal share may be up to 90 percent under certain conditions for employment at private nonprofit and public agencies, and may be up to 100% for students employed as reading or math tutors or performing family literacy activities. The federal funds being obligated at this time for the FWS Program for the 2018–19 Award Year are $1,119,303,861. The approved allocations are for 3,178 schools.
If you have questions about the 2018–19 Notification of Campus-Based Funding report, contact the COD School Relations Center at 1-800-848-0978. You may also email CODSupport@ed.gov.