Posted Date:May 19, 2015
Subject: Notification of Campus-Based Funding for the 2015-2016 Award Year
Awards for the Federal Work-Study (FWS), Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG), and Federal Perkins Loan (Perkins Loan) programs, authorized under Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended, for the 2015-2016 Award Year (July 1, 2015 through June 30, 2016) have been approved for the schools listed in the attached report.
This report includes the OPEID, name, address, State Code (two-letter postal code), Federal funds and estimated student awards for the FSEOG, FWS, and Perkins Loan Programs, and the Perkins Level of Expenditure for each school listed.
Note: In some cases, a school became eligible for awards after the report was produced and is therefore not reflected in this notification.
New this year: The report is available in two formats, Portable Document Format (PDF) and Microsoft Excel format. In addition, the OPEID has been added for each school.
PDF – Schools are listed in alphabetical order by state or territory. Summary information is provided at the end of the listing for each state and territory. National summary information is provided at the end of the report. The interactive table of contents provides quick access to each state or territory listing or summary information.
- Microsoft Excel – The Excel version has two tabs. The first tab lists the funding information for individual schools. The second tab lists state and territory summary information as well as the national summary information.
An explanation of the awards approved under each program follows.
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Program – Under the FSEOG Program,schools make grant awards to undergraduate students with exceptional financial need. The maximum student award amount for each academic year of undergraduate study is $4,000. Federal funds will provide 75 percent of the grants with the school providing the remaining 25 percent from its own resources, unless a regulatory waiver is granted. The Federal funds being obligated at this time for the FSEOG Program for the 2015-2016 Award Year are $731,542,623. The approved allocations are for 3,731 schools and are estimated to benefit 1,221,267 students.
- Federal Work-Study Program – Under the FWS Program, schools provide jobs both on and off-campus for needy undergraduate and graduate students. In most instances, Federal funds provide 75 percent of a student’s FWS earnings. A matching school or off-campus agency contribution provides the remaining 25 percent, unless a regulatory waiver is granted. The Federal share of earned compensation for employment at private for-profit organizations may not exceed 50 percent. The Federal share may be up to 90 percent under certain conditions for employment at private nonprofit and public agencies, and may be up to 100% for students employed as reading or math tutors or performing family literacy activities. The Federal funds being obligated at this time for the FWS Program for the 2015-2016 Award Year are $987,233,931. The approved allocations are for 3,284 schools and are estimated to benefit 589,666 students.
- Federal Perkins Loan Program – Under thePerkins Loan Program, schools make low interest loans to needy undergraduate and graduate students. In past years Federal funds generally provided 75 percent of the new capital contributions to a school's Perkins Loan Revolving Fund, and the school provided the remaining 25 percent. There have been no new Federal funds appropriated for the Perkins Loan Program since 2005-2006. A school is authorized to use cash from its Perkins Loan Revolving Fund up to the amount of its approved Perkins Loan Level of Expenditure. School revolving fund resources at 1,477 schools are estimated to benefit 766,102 students.
If you have questions about the 2015-2016 Notification of Campus-Based Funding report, contact the Campus-Based Call Center at 877/801-7168. Customer service representatives are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 A.M. until 8:00 P.M. (ET). You may also e-mail CBFOB@ed.gov.