Service Centers for Schools

To jump to another "Contact Information" section, please click Service Centers for Students or Federal Student Aid Offices.

For questions about loan repayment or other loan servicing issues, a school can contact the appropriate loan servicing center. – Click here for Loan Servicing Center Information.

Contact Center

Contact Information

Closed School Contacts

Questions about school closure, unresolved discharge issues, and closed school student services.

Phone: 800-4-FED-AID (800-433-3243)

Click on “More” for detailed contact information.

COD School Relations Center

For questions related to the Common Origination and Disbursement (COD) System, the Campus-Based programs, or Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant, Pell Grant, TEACH Grant, and Direct Loan processing.

COD School Relations Center: 1-800-848-0978

Student Loan Support Center: 1-800-557-7394

Click on “More” for detailed contact information.

CPS/SAIG Technical Support and the TFA Support Center

For questions related to the Central Processing System (CPS), the Student Aid Internet Gateway (SAIG), web products such as FAA Access to CPS Online, and assistance with software products such as EDconnect and EDExpress. Questions related to Two Factor Authentication (TFA) tokens may also be directed here.

Phone: 800-330-5947

Click on “More” for detailed contact information.

Default Resolution Group

For questions related to defaulted loan assignments and Pell Grant Overpayments.

Phone: 903-259-3877

Click on “More” for detailed contact information.

eZ Audit

Questions about financial statements and compliance audits through the web.

Phone: 877-263-0780


Foreign School Contacts

For questions related to Direct Loan Setup actions and Direct Loan Processing for foreign schools.

Authorized personnel at eligible schools located outside the United States (commonly referred to as foreign schools) use functionality within the U.S. Department of Education’s (the Department’s) Common Origination and Disbursement (COD) System to process William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan (Direct Loan) Program loans for eligible U.S. students who attend their schools. Before a foreign school may begin participating in the Direct Loan Program, it must request COD System and website access, and complete funding related actions.

For detailed information about the Direct Loan Setup actions for foreign schools, go to the Foreign School Information page.

If you have questions or need assistance with COD System processing, contact the COD School Relations Center at 800-848-0978.

G5 Hotline

For questions related to G5, the Department of Education's electronic system for grants management and payments.

Phone: 1-888-336-8930 (no cost per call)

TDD: 1-800-877-8339 (no cost per call)


Office Hours: 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Eastern time (ET), Monday through Friday

Health Education Assistance Loan (HEAL) Program for Lenders and Lender Servicers

For questions related to the Health Education Assistance Loan (HEAL) Program.

Phone: Click on “More” for detailed contact information.

Loan Consolidation for Loan Holders and Servicers

For questions related to the Direct Consolidation Loan application process.

Phone: Click on “More” for detailed contact information.

PEPS Help Desk

For connectivity interruptions, access or other PEPS application questions, please email

Total and Permanent Disability Discharge and Veterans Disability Discharge

For questions related to the disability discharge process.

Phone: 888-303-7818

Click on “More” for detailed contact information.

National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS®)

For questions related to NSLDS functions such as student eligibility, overpayments, loan history, and enrollment reporting.

Phone: 1-800-999-8219


Click on "More" for detailed contact information.